Thursday, July 15, 2004

if i told you i was becoming looney would you believe me?

while sitting through 2 40min blocks of boring lessons on decline and fall and looking at the dismal economics mcq, my brain was obviously not in the correct place. staring through space, my mind drifted to another one of those looney fairy tales. then it hit me. annapolis and west point never take non US citizens but there is one equally elite organization that does: the French Foreign Legion.

enlistment requirements for a legionnaire:
1) holding an official identity card
2) enlistment age between 17 and 40
3) to be physically fit for duty wherever he may be needed.

not too hard.in my opinion...legionnaires have served everywhere on this globe,from Algeria to Europe to Africa and the Far East. Legionnaires have fallen in Dien Bien Phu, in Chad, in Algeria even in France herself. The legionnaires were men of action and honour who have paid for comradeship and the yearning for adventure with their very lives. Some may call them mercenary but it never bothers them. cutting off all ties with their past and their family, they live by the code: legio pastria nostra - the legion is my home. and fellow legionnaires are their only family now. fuck fuck fuck my childhood dreams that smack of idealism, desire for adventure, comradeship, a place where i really belong are catching up with me. i don't know what i am thinking of these days.

to the looney in me:if you really want to be a legionnaire, maybe you should wait till after NS. we'll see if NS changes your view of the world and your view of yourself and how you want your life to go. assure yourself that place in college first, so you'll have the prospect of a relatively successful middle class life to fall back on when you realize that you aren't who you thought you were.then again these thoughts might be springing into my head because of the boredom of the classroom. i wish i knew more clearly who i really am, what is God's plan for me, because somehow i can just feel that i'm different in some way. not cut out to living life normally with the rest of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home