Thursday, December 30, 2004

urgh.

i just got back from Bali. no don't worry we're all alive and alright not affected by the horrendous tsunami. was awoken from my deep slumber on monday morning by my hysterical mother who thought i had just died or something like that, words like "don't worry mum i'm fine" did litte to alleviate the situation. later on i got many sms-es from them saying DON'T GO NEAR THE BEACH. TSUNAMI'S NOT OVER. DON'T GO SURFING. geez. fact is i'm 18, had no idea about the tsunami whatsoever, and if i was -ahem- i wouldn't have picked up the phone. besides, for the tsunami to reach bali it has to pass through ocean, which it can't cause it gets stopped by Sumatra.
mr michael head pe was looking for us too, even called sherman to get us, cause another hysterical parent couldn't reach his/her son.

i only just realized the severity and extent of the damage, and how lucky i am to be alive. i was thinking of going to Phuket, if i was there -gulp- .sigh. think i'll find stuff to donate tomorrow. for those of u who're religious say prayers alright? pray for strength and courage of the people to survive these testing times.

bali wasn't fantastic - wrong season, wrong part of the island and plenty of cheats "konichiwa-ing" us, trying to sell us things at exorbidant prices. but i did do a great amount of shopping.

Shopping List:
1) Original Versace Shades
2) Original Quicksilver singlet
3) Jim Bean/Bintang Bir singlets
4) Osama don't surf/Fuck Terrorist T shirts
5) obscene amounts of DVDs

i know what i want, what i need, what i can't have and what i don't want.its no point going out there to find it, it'll come to you, just lead your life the way you think is right, float around till it finds you; till THE swell comes and you ride it all the way to shore.

terence said we would get bored of bali and that we shouldn't extend. well all i got to say is one gets bored easily when the mana runs dry and the sun doesn't shine. besides its not that we could extend our stay by much longer. one more day wouldn't help much. i gotta learn to really surf man and that's going to take a hell lot of time. next time i go over there it'll be for 2 weeks at least; it'll be in the dry season; i'll take lessons. now that'll really rip.just dreaming of it.

many mistakes made, and many lessons learned. there'll definitely be many more next times for Bali. and yeah, no more Garuda airlines, transits in Jakarta, tour guides out to cheat us; only SQ direct, plenty of research, a rented bike, the sun, the surf and the sand.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay the fire in the desire to live, I don't know if you can help me, but I think maybe you will understand. I see all this crazy blog spam everywhere (I see some here) and I'm wondering if you know how we can stop it. I just have a site about surfing videos, and I can't even go find information on surfing videos without having to filter through all the junk. My blog gets totally bombarded with this rediculously spam. I hope you're not as frustrated as my self. Anyway, good luck with your blog, and let me know if you have any ideas...

Thanks.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi the fire in the desire to live, I see you've aquired quite a skill for the web. I was wondering if you'd be willing to stop by my surfing dvd site and give me some tips. Please don't confuse this with another spam comment, I was just out looking for surfing dvd sites and your blog came up. I noticed you've done a great job so I thought I'd compliment... Anyway, feel free to check me out and good luck with your project.

See ya ~

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you the fire in the desire to live, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a surfing dvd site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on surfing dvd stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job the fire in the desire to live, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home