Saturday, September 18, 2004

stuff that sticks in the mind

George Eilot, "Silas Marner" - " we see no angels now.but men are led away from threatening destruction: a hand is slipped into theirs that leads them gently forth to a bright and calm land."

John Donne, "Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" - "No tear floods nor sigh tempests move, twere prophanation of our joys to tell the layetie our love...As stiff compasses are two...when the other far doth rome, it leans and hearkens after it And grows erect as it comes home."

Astrud Gilberto/Claus Ogerman
Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me
Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you


chicago songs are so nice, but so painful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home