Monday, May 23, 2005

i love this song!

See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end
Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl

Think what that money could bring
I'd buy everything
Clean out Vivienne Westwood
In my Galliano gown
No, wouldn't just have one hood
A Hollywood mansion if I could
Please book me first-class to my fancy house in London town....

Gwen Stefani feat. Eve- Rich Girl

i just wanna be like that. i dun wanna be well to do, i want to be filthy rich. in the past, one would say next time i'll drive a car like that as one points at a BMW on the street. now we have friends who own BMWs, Mercedes, SUVs; friends who can take as many overseas trips as they want; friends who can afford their own overseas education of 300,000 SGD without scholarship or loans and this materialistic list could go on and on to cover fashion ( and i dun mean quicksilver/ripcurl/mambo/topman - i mean ArmaniXchange, HugoBoss, Prada, Polo Raplh Lauren etc.) laptops - everything. those of you who already own/enjoy these perks won't be able to understand what it feels like to look on from the outside. there are people who can go on to say i'm material or that material things and love don't matter because someday you're gonna die - you can go fuck yourself in the asshole. material things aren't everything, but they are something. since years ago when this feeling began to become apparent in me, i've been deadset on becoming an investment banker. nothing's changed. its all about the money and the satisfaction of playing with it. And i'm going to do it where a large proportion of the world's assests changes hands. "my cash flow would never ever end
Cause I'd have all the money in the world...I'd buy everything...No, wouldn't just have one hood
A Hollywood mansion if I could
Please book me first-class to my fancy house in London town"

seems like everyone's either got their places in their course of choice or sitting on the edge of their seat waiting desperately for the results - everyone except me! holla out to all those school-less people! technically that makes me a dropout. amusing. but it doesn't matter cause i'm of a different breed and species.

its been an interesting couple of days. was out with sijie n zhihon on friday night. caught up with zhihon after sijie left for a birthday party and had a refreshing new perspective on life. SMU doesn't seem to be such an easy place according to him. Oh well i don't intend to go there anyway. he's got his own place near to the new campus too which is way cool!

went to watch the juniors train on saturday. talked to them for a while after that and asked coach to help me write a recommendation for my US applications. thankfully he was enthusiastic about helping me out. boys you're good enough to keep the Cup you just have to show those s-o-b-s how its suppose to be done next thursday.
caught the FA cup with Gn and gang @ CHIJMES, saw the whole of the Singapore rugby Nat team at father flanagan's, met josiah, terence, rayner, ravin and others too.

watched Star Wars III. everyone has their own say but i still like Anakin Skywalker because he is the most human of all the characters. and like all humans he makes mistakes. turning to the Dark side in order to try and save Padme from his premonitions, he was just blinded by emotion and passion. i can connect to his feelings and understand the reasoning for his transformation. like Padme said at the end of the show, "there is still good in him." misled, blinded and eventually corrupted - the force is strong in Anakin for he is the most human of all the characters because he never tries to suppress his emotion and feelings. that is why it is said that there must be balance in the force. one cannot let go of emotions and feelings completely, neither can one let it blind one's self to what is happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home