Monday, August 08, 2005

The Republic Is Dead. Long Live the Republic.

was reading last year's post again and i realize how little my beliefs have changed despite my enlistment. i realize my study of European history in JC has really had an immense impact on my political stance. On the eve of every Singapore national day i find myself reading AJP Taylor's Course of German History, marvelling at the spectacle of Bismarck's forced unification of the KleinerDeustchland and relentlessly drawing comparisons between this here shithole and Imperial Germany.if i was born in Prussia in the 1800s i would be Junker, if i was born in Germany in the 20s i would surely be a Nazi, born into Singapore during the 1980s my only cause is disillusionment. actually i shouldn't even be bothered with national day at all, my second last national day ever. 1 more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home