Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Broken

the two most meaningful things i've done today:
1) read breakfast at tiffany's in the wee hours of the morning
2) do weights with tzemeng

and another day passes without fanfare or emotion, another day of my life down the drain drifting like a ghost; living in a reality without meaning. i might put on a smile, laugh and scream with them - the friends my life has always revolved around - but deep down i'm withering away.

I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's.


it can be anywhere in the world, it could even be here - depending on where you are. but now you seem a thousand miles away, far out in the huge world, chasing butterflies that dance in the morning sunshine; while i remain hidden in the shadows that cloaks me from the world for i don't want them to judge me - only you can. looking for the place where dreams are reality.

Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
Wherever you're going I'm going your way.


with each passing day, i diminish. unknown and unseen to the world. someday, i'll get there. maybe then i'll find you waiting there, maybe i'll finally be at home, maybe then i'll be whole again. but then again, maybe i'll be drifting forever.

if you let yourself love a wild thing, you'll end up looking at the sky


from now till then, i'll wander the world unseen and unheard, homeless. looking up and wishing upon every first star i see in the night. looking up and crying out to the moon lady to wash away the scar tissue of life. looking at the storm, and wishing for it to make our love grow. looking the sun, and wishing for it to make her heart a glow. out there in the sky she lives, floating like the free spirit she is.

Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end --
Waiting 'round the bend,
My huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home