Sunday, August 28, 2005

so in the 'House of Pain' that is the Carisbrook Oval in Dunedin, New Zealand my beloved boks were ( to quote scrum.com ) 'put to the sword'. 31 - 27 is more akin to a fight to the death than being put to the sword in my opinion. there's just something special about the All Blacks when they play in Dunedin that makes them unbeatable. today's Haka was different from the usual and the most striking moment was probably the time when they drew their thumbs across their throats - symbolic.

josiah and david didn't like the way south africa played and the word 'dirty' was definitely used more often than not. well, maybe. its just the character of the team that appeals to me. get what i mean? the all blacks are a lot about flair but South africa is like a machine - the big hits from dudes like schalk burger and de wet barry. its just the way they throw themselves into the rucks and tackles without any form of self regard that i look up to.

rugby's probably the only thing i'm not bored of in this place.

I'm at the crossroads waiting for a sign
My life is standing still, but I'm still alive
Every night I think I know
In the morning where did he go
The answers disappear when I open my eyes

I'm no stranger to this place
Where real life and dreams collide
And even though I fall from grace
I will keep the dream alive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home